American English Everyday Dialogs
The people who I work with in my Skype accent reduction coaching program are learning to:
- Communicate with clarity and confidence in their workplace
- Improve the way they speak in everyday situations (at the market, at lunch, on the phone)
We often call the latter skill, “small talk”. But really, it’s not small at all.
That’s because speaking clearly when you pick up the phone or chat with your colleagues at lunch is really important.
Small talk allows you to connect with people.
- Those connections enhance your relationships.
- Those connections allow you to get things done faster.
- Those connections allow you to be recognized for your contributions.
Free Dialog Practice Activities
For those of you who want to improve your American English “small talk”, below is a link to some excellent everyday dialogs said with super clear North American accents.
The dialog site has some special accent tips for Russian speakers.
These are great dialogs, so be sure to check them out!