Here in the US, most people celebrate Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.
Here are some simple questions you can use to make friendly and engaging small talk.
Use reduced speech (tapped t, schwa, contractions) if possible. This will enable you to come across as more friendly and natural.
Questions for making holiday small talk
- What are your PLANz for the HOLidayz?
- What are your PLANz for ThanksGIVing?
- What are your PLANz for CHRIStmas?
- What are your PLANz for New Years EVE?
- Where are you GOIng over the HOLidayz?
- What’ll you DO over the HOLidayz?
About the author
Susan Ryan is an American English communication and accent reduction coach.
Contact her with your questions about clear American speech.